Your ESL advisor is available for you once you arrive at UMKC for any questions regarding:
- Registration and Enrollment
- Concerns about your teacher or class
- Cultural questions
- Study strategies
- Signature for I-20/DS-2019 extension (you must get the extension form from ISAO)
Reasons to go to the International Student Affairs Office (ISAO)
- Immigration check-in
- VISA/I-20 or DS2019 questions
- Changes in your contact information (phone number, address, etc.)
- Signature so you can travel
- Get the I-20/DS-2019 extension form, and submit it
- Health insurance
- FTE form (to reduce the number of classes you take in a semester)
When can I meet with my advisor?
Most of the time, you will need to make an appointment, even if the matter is urgent. The only time you can see the Advisor without an appointment are during their walk-in hours.
No appointment is necessary during walk-in hours:
Monday-Friday, 11:00 a.m. -12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Any other time, you must make an appointment:
Monday-Friday, between 9:00 a.m. -11:00 a.m., 1:00-2:00 p.m., or 3:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
To Make an Appointment
You can either come into our office or Contact Us.