Skip to content
ALI students are eligible for great benefits.
- Applying in simple! Ms. Chelsey Butts is our International Student Liaison and she will help you with the process. Click here to apply.
- No TOEFL/IELTS score or school transcripts are required for studying in the Intensive English program.
- A partial scholarship is awarded to non-sponsored students. Click here for more information.
- ALI students are eligible to receive several different academic scholarships. These scholarships waive most or all of your international tuition. This can save you over $35,000 for a four-year degree program.
- Assistance with the degree application process: The ALI will assist students with their applications for UMKC academic programs.
- After you graduate from our program, you won’t need a TOEFL/IELTS score to begin your studies in most academic programs at UMKC.
- Concurrent ESL and Academic enrollment is available for advanced students: Students can enroll in academic classes while finishing their English study.
- Some ALI classes count toward graduation. Depending on the program, you can earn graduation credits for ALI classes. Click here for a list of ALI’s academic classes.
- Your ALI grades will impact your overall GPA at UMKC. This is a great chance for you to begin your academic study at UMKC with a high GPA.
- The ALI is a fully accredited department of the University. This means that ALI students are UMKC students. They have full access to university facilities, including:
- Admission is free for UMKC student activities like:
- UMKC Sports: basketball, track and field, golf, soccer, tennis, softball and volleyball
- Theater productions
- University student fairs
- Field trips
- Clubs and more.
- Part-semester programs are available for students that cannot attend a full 16-week semester. The ALI at UMKC offers programs as short as 8 weeks in the Fall and Spring semesters, and as short as 4 weeks in the Summer semester.