The Applied Language Institute (ALI) and the Study Abroad and Global Engagement (SAGE) office are piloting a few opportunities for virtual exchanges at UMKC. This initiative emerged in response to the COVID-19 pandemic as a cost-effective internationalization strategy to connect UMKC classrooms, professors, research projects, and student groups with international partners. We have begun establishing our global network for learning, and we are now working to offer more courses with virtual exchange.
What is virtual exchange?
Virtual exchange is an online approach to connect people between universities, colleges, and non-profit organizations where learning is the primary purpose. It provides online opportunities for international partners to collaborate on an agreed upon set of learning outcomes. With the appropriate training and guidance, all participants develop intercultural communication and digital literacy skills as a result of participating in a virtual exchange project.
UMKC’s Global Network for Learning
- Associacao Franciscana de Ensino Senhor Bom Jesus (FAE), Brazil
- Centro Universitario Christus, Brazil
- Evangelical University of Goias, Brazil
- Hoa Sen University, Vietnam
- Kaichi International University, Japan
- Kansai University, Japan
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- TED University, Turkey
- Uninter Educacional S/A, Brazil
- Universidad Coopertiva de Colombia
- Universidad Politecnica de Honduras
If you are interested in participating in UMKC’s Virtual Exchange, please visit our webpage about setting one up.