My Student ID

UMKC calls its student ID the UMKC One Card.

Who is eligible?

If you are an international student, you can get your ID as soon as you are admitted. If you are a US Resident, you must be enrolled in order to receive your student ID.

How do I get my ID?

Go to the 3rd floor of the Student Union, Room 327, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday – Friday. The phone number is 816.235.6657.

What documents do I need?

A valid, government-issued photo ID must be shown before the ID will be issued. This can be a driver’s license, passport, military or State ID.

No profiles, hats, headbands, sunglasses etc., are allowed when your photo is taken.

Is the number on my ID my student number?

NO. Because of federal law, that information cannot be printed on your ID.

What can the UMKC ID be used for?

  • Attend UMKC events, some with special student pricing
  • Eating at campus dining locations
  • Access to Swinney Recreation Center
  • Check out materials at University Libraries
  • Charge books to your student account from the University Bookstore – if you want to use Roo Bucks, make sure to tell the cashier
  • Print in the computer labs
  • Access your Roo Bucks on- and off- campus
  • Print in University Libraries
  • Receive free newspapers as part of the Collegiate Readership Program
  • Access the KC Metro and Max bus services through the U-Pass Program

If you have a bank account at US Bank, you can also use your ID to access your checking account.

What should I do if my ID is lost or stolen?

Go to the Get Funds website to report your card lost or stolen. You must register on Get Funds before you can use the web site.
You may also contact the One Card office to have it deactivated. If you find your card at a later date, please note that only your newest card will be active.
If your UMKC One Card has been activated to act as your U.S. Bank ATM and PIN-based debit card, notify U.S. Bank immediately at 800-US BANKS (872-2657).

More Information

UMKC’s One Card Page

Roo Bucks Information