ALI student have two advisors at UMKC: an ALI Academic Advisor and an International Student Affairs Office (ISAO) Advisor. Each of these advisors can help you with different things.
- Registration and Enrollment
- Concerns about your teacher or class
- Cultural questions
- Study strategies
- Signature for I-20/DS-2019 extension (you must get the extension form from ISAO)
- Immigration check-in
- VISA/I-20 or DS-2019 questions
- Changes in your contact information (phone number, address, etc.)
- Signature so you can travel
- Get the I-20/DS-2019 extension form, and submit it
- Health insurance
- FTE form (to reduce the number of classes you take in a semester)
When can I meet with my advisor?
Most of the time, you will need to make an appointment, even if the matter is urgent. The only time you can see the Advisor without an appointment are during their walk-in hours.
ALI Advising Hours
Currently, students can meet with the ALI Academic Advisor by appointment only.
To make an appointment with the ALI Academic Advisor, contact our Academic Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISAO Advising Hours
At this time, students can meet with an ISAO Advisor by appointment only.
To make an appointment with an advisor at ISAO, please call 816-235-1113.