Types of Advisors
ALI student have two advisors at UMKC: an ALI Academic Advisor and an International Student Affairs Office (ISAO) Advisor. Each of these advisors can help you with different things.
Reasons to visit your ALI Advisor:
- Registration and Enrollment
- Signature for I-20/DS-2019 extension (you must the extension form from ISAO)
- Concerns about your teacher or class
- Cultural questions
- Study strategies
Reasons to go to the International Student Affairs Office (ISAO):
- Immigration check-in
- Visa/I-20 or DS-2019 questions
- Changes in your contact information (phone number, address, etc)
- Signature so you can travel
- Get the I-20/DS-2019 extension form and submit it
- Health Insurance
- FTE form (to reduce the number of classes you take in a semester)
When can I meet with my advisor?
Most of the time, you will need to make an appointment, even if the matter is urgent. The only time you can see the Advisor without an appointment are during their walk-in hours.
ALI Advising Hours
Currently, students can meet with the ALI Academic Advisor by appointment only.
To make an appointment with the ALI Academic Advisor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ISAO Advising Hours
At this time, students can meet with an ISAO Advisor by appointment only.
To make an appointment with an advisor at ISAO, please call 816-235-1113.