Your ALI Advisor is available for you once you arrive at UMKC for any questions regarding:
- Registration and Enrollment
- Concerns about your teacher or class
- Cultural questions
- Study strategies
- Signature for I-20/DS-2019 extension (you must get the extension form from ISAO)
Reasons to go to the International Student Affairs Office (ISAO)
- Immigration check-in
- VISA/I-20 or DS-2019 questions
- Changes in your contact information (phone number, address, etc.)
- Signature so you can travel
- Get the I-20/DS-2019 extension form, and submit it
- Health insurance
- FTE form (to reduce the number of classes you take in a semester)
When can I meet with my advisor?
Most of the time, you will need to make an appointment, even if the matter is urgent. The only time you can see the Advisor without an appointment are during their walk-in hours.
ALI Advising Hours
Currently, students can meet with the Academic Advisor by appointment only.
To make an appointment with the ALI Academic Advisor, contact our Academic Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ISAO Advising Hours
Please note that ISAO currently is not holding walk-in advising while our office remains closed. Thank you for understanding.
Walk-in advising hours:
- Monday/Tuesday = 10:30 AM – 11:30 AM
- Thursday/Friday = 3:00 PM – 4:00 PM
Walk-in questions take less than 10 minutes and are on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Please call 816-235-1113 before you plan to come to ISAO to confirm an advisor will be available to meet with you.
To make an appointment with an advisor at ISAO, please call 816-235-1113.