On December 2 and 3, 2019, a peer review team from the Higher Learning Commission will visit the University of Missouri-Kansas City. UMKC has been preparing for this comprehensive evaluation and site visit since September 2017. Several committees representing all areas of the university are currently writing an Assurance Argument and a Federal Compliance Report.
What to expect from the HLC site visit on December 2 and 3, 2019.
- The visit will last 1.5 days.
- The HLC peer review team will be comprised of 3-7 peer reviewers – faculty, staff, and administrators – from other institutions within the 19-state region.
- The team will have already read UMKC’s Assurance Argument, many supporting evidence documents, our website, and other documents relevant to our 81 years of institutional accreditation.
- HLC peer review team will have many questions relating to our Assurance Argument and will visit with faculty, staff, students, community members, and trustees.
- The Federal Compliance Report, submitted alongside the Assurance Argument, will also be evaluated prior to the visit and HLC peer review team may have follow-up questions about the report during their visit.