We are very excited to announce the official launch of National Science Foundation Center for Big Learning (CBL) at UMKC!!
Date: March 9th, 2018
Time: 9:30 am – 2:30 pm
Place: Pierson Auditorium, UMKC, Kansas City, MO 64110.
Tentative Schedule: Click here
- Welcome from Vice Provost Lawrence Dreyfus
- Introducing UMKC SCE (Dean Truman/Tony Caruso)
- Welcome and introducing CSEE (Chair Prof. Chaudhry)
- Introducing CBL@UMKC (Zhu)
- I/UCRC success story (Reza & Greg)
- CBL Center Projects (Yugi) [10 mins]
- Social media and digital pathology (Praveen) [5 mins]
- IoT and networking (Sejun) [5 mins]
- Coffee break
- CloudMinds’ Human Augmented Robotic Intelligence (HARI) Platform (Dr. Qiang Li) [15minutes]
- IBM Analytics (Al Martin, VP, IBM) [10 mins]
- Smart Cities Initiative in KC (Aaron Deacon, KC Digital Drive) [10 mins]
- “Intelligent Radar for Drone, Car, and City”, (Dr. Zongbo Wang, Ainstein). [5 minutes]
- AI at TeraCrunch (Tapan Bhatt, CEO, TeraCrunch ) [10 mins]
- “The future of mobile imaging”, (Kevin Lou, CEO, Sunny Optical USA). [5 minutes]
- Collaborative Project: VinSolutions (Mo Ali) & UMKC (Yugi Lee/Praveen Rao), “CRM Sales Prediction Using Continuous Time-Evolving Classification” [10 minutes]
- Start CBL workshop poster spotlight: 1 minute each poster, total limited to 15 min.
- Poster session, discussion, and networking.
- Wrap up, feedback form.
Directions and Parking
Refer to the following UMKC map for the directions and parking.
If you need a parking permit, please contact us (use the form on the main page)
For free parking, refer to the following map