F-1 and J-1 students are required to provide proof of the financial ability to afford at least one academic year of full-time study (August through the following May) in order to be issued an I-20 or DS-2019. Tuition and fees are subject to change.
2019-2020 Academic Year
Total expected cost of attendance for full-time student without dependents. Total costs includes Tuition and Fees, Living Expenses, and Other Expenses.
- Undergraduate: $38,583
- Graduate: $36,935
Tuition and Fees:
- Undergraduate (24 credit hours): $21,248
- Graduate (18 credit hours): $19,600
The figures above are estimates and are dependent upon specifics of enrollment. Some programs including LLM, JD, and PharmD are subject to different rates of tuition than those listed above. Some courses are subject to additional fees. Please refer to the Cashiers Office website for more information.
Living Expenses: $14,272
Consists of expected cost of rent, utilities, transportation, groceries, etc.
Other Expenses: $3,063
Consists of international student specific fees, mandatory health insurance, and textbooks
Additional Proof of Financial Ability Requirements for F-2 or J-2 Dependents
- Dependent of F-1 student (spouse or child): Additional $4,100 per year, per person
- Dependent Spouse of J-1 student: Additional $7,000 per year, per person
- Dependent Child of J-1 student: Additional $5,500 per year, per person
In-state and Discounted Tuition Rates for International Students
- Students holding A, H, and L visas are automatically reviewed for in-state or discounted tuition rates.
- Students holding F, J, or M visas will not be eligible for in-state or discounted tuition rates.
- International students with any other status than those listed above are encouraged to review UMKC’s residency policies and submit a petition for residency consideration if they believe they qualify.