We are excited that you are interested in applying to the University of Missouri-Kansas City (UMKC). The first step to becoming a student at UMKC is completing the application for admission and submitting documents required for admission consideration.
- Academic Credentials: Submit official copies of all academic credentials (also known as: transcripts, mark sheets, score cards, degree certificates). Official copies must be submitted in the native language. English translation of these transcripts should be submitted if the original is not in English.Request all official transcripts/credentials be sent to:
International Student Affairs Office
University of Missouri-Kansas City
Student Success Center, G-04
5000 Holmes Street
Kansas City, MO 64110
- English Proficiency: Proficiency may be demonstrated by providing a qualifying TOEFL or IELTS test score and is required for all applicants whose native language is not English. (The TOEFL reporting code is 6872)
- Applicants who are citizens of a country which has English as an official language may have the English proficiency requirement waived. Countries exempt from TOEFL or IELTS (PDF)
- Students who have earned a degree or at least 60 credit hours of non-ESL coursework at an accredited U.S. university or college
- Personal Statement: Submit a one page essay about you, your educational goals, and why UMKC is the right university for you. Anyone admitted to study in the U.S. must be prepared to tell the Border Immigration Officer why they chose to come to UMKC.
- Passport: Submit a copy of the information/photo passport page.
- Statement of Finances: Applicants requesting an I-20 or DS-2019 must demonstrate the ability to cover the total cost of attendance for one academic year. This statement should be no more than one year old. Use the Financial Statement Guidelines (PDF) to ensure your bank statement meets the requirements.
- Affidavit of Support: If a friend or family member is providing a statement of finances, they will need to submit the affidavit of support (PDF) indicating that they agree to sponsor your studies.
- Supplemental Materials: Required supplemental materials may include GRE or GMAT test scores, supplemental applications, resume or writing samples. To verify additional requirements, contact your academic department. (GRE reporting code is 6872)
- Immigration Documents: Students currently attending another U.S. institution should submit a copy of their visa, I-94 and I-20 or DS-2019.
Submitting Application Materials
The best way to submit your application materials is to log back into your UMKC Online Application and upload them directly. Application materials may also be submitted via fax to the US phone number 573/884-4894 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Finally, you may also send a secure email through DropBox to submit your documents. The applicant name and student ID number should be included on every page of submitted documents. Please note, soft copies of documents that are submitted via email or fax are not considered to be official documents. Official transcripts must come in a sealed envelope from your school. Official test scores must come directly from your testing center.
Additional Requirements for Mainland Chinese Applicants
- Credential report from CQV
- Contact information for CQV:
- Tel: 86-10-82379480
- Fax: 86-10-82379491, 86-10-82378617
- Email: email@example.com
- B-17 Tongfang Scientific Building, No. 1 Wangzhuang Road, Haidian District, Beijing, P.R. China 100083