Thankful for Feminism this Thanksgiving

• by
Source: Google Images Through Creative Commons

By Matiara Huff

Thanksgiving is near the top of my favorite holiday list (the only one before it is my birthday). I love all of the food, of course. But my favorite thing about thanksgiving is the part that some people tend to forget, which is being thankful. Now I know that every year people have their list of “thankful for’s”, but how often do you actually appreciate these things? Usually, we will make our list, say thank you and forget about it. For example, most people will say they are thankful for their family and their life. Then after, will continue to treat their family the same and take their life for granted.

This year, I am thankful for two major things: my family in all of its entirety and feminists of the past, present, and future. My family knows that I love them, but this year I’m thankful for feminism too. To all the feminists out there, working hard and fighting for our rights, your work is noticed and appreciated. As a feminist, I am so thankful for past feminists who have gotten us this far and future feminists who will finish what we have started. The way that I am showing my appreciation for feminism is by spreading the true definition of feminism, learning the real issues that women are facing globally, and finding solutions. I know that there is more that goes into being a feminist then just using the title, so I am currently, and always will do everything I can to push this movement forward.

Tags: