New Intern at the Women’s Center!

Jesse bio Photo (2)Hello, everyone. My name is Jesse Bihlmeyer and I am in my second year at UMKC. I am double majoring in Philosophy and Psychology with a minor in Writing. My interests include reading, writing, and above all, learning.

I was born in Los Angeles, California but lived most of my life in a small town in south-west Missouri. I have visited nearly every state in the United States as well as five different countries in Central America and Europe; a lot of these trips were taken in order for me to play soccer. It’s no surprise that I absolutely love traveling and playing soccer. On any given day you might find me skateboarding around campus, at the Nelson Atkins Museum, or playing my guitar.

I’m excited for the opportunity to work for the Women’s Center! I have a passion for upholding equality among any and all genders and I think this organization supports those ideas to the fullest. The Women’s Center has a welcoming environment and is a safe place for any person to come in and talk, find useful information, or just hang out. In association with the University and the community, the Women’s Center has opportunities for all.