A Memorable 40th Anniversary Gala Event!

By Tria Tatum

The mission of the Women’s Center at the University of Missouri- Kansas City is to advocate, educate, and provide support services for the advancement of women’s equity on campus and within the community at large.

Congratulations to the Women’s Center on celebrating 40 years at the University of Missouri-Kansas City! The Center was honored on April 20th, 2012 by families, friends, community members, and musical guest –  Barclay Martin Ensemble. Throughout the months of preparation for the gala, we at the women’s center were continually reminded of the incredible support that we receive both from the university and the community.

My experience at the gala was a memorable one. I was able to meet new people and engage in fellowship with the guests throughout the evening. I danced, laughed, and munched on great food. It was a night that I was so happy to be a part of. There were women and men –  all from diverse backgrounds who came together for an unforgettable evening of celebration. I was especially inspired by all of the culture and color in one room. I look forward to continue working for the advancement of women. I wish the UMKC Women’s Center 40 more years to come!