The Sonance Media Exhibition and Interdisciplinary Event Series will present digital media, performance, and installation-based work each week throughout the month of November and the first week of December.
Spanning diverse disciplines such as dance, sound, video and installation, Sonance is the first of its kind at the UMKC Gallery of Art. This exhibition showcases forms of expression that activate all our senses and engage in phenomenological outcomes. Please join us each week for a new sensorial experience at the UMKC Gallery of Art.
Digital media work on view between events, during gallery hours:
- Cooper Holoweski: Katabasis
- Jeffrey Moser: Poppies Will Put Them To Sleep
- Joshua Haycraft: Celebrations
Schedule of events:
- Tuesday November 5, 11:30 a.m. MIRO: generate. degenerate.
A multi-media dance performance using only sustainable energy. All sound, media, and light will be powered by the physical actions of the performers.
- Thursday November 7, 3 p.m.: Visual Reverberations
Local artist Robert Howsare in Conversation with Cristina Albu, UMKC Assistant Professor of Contemporary Art. Mini-exhibition and lecture.
- Wednesday November 13, 2 p.m. Brian Lynn: Overcharted Waters: The Hunger Bends
Installation with Electro-Acoustic music composed by Brian Lynn, D.M.A. student in UMKC’s Conservatory.
- Thursday November 21, 1 1 a.m. -7 p.m. (reception with refreshments 5-7 p.m.) Craig Colorusso: MB 89
Installation with live sound component performed by visiting artist Craig Colorusso.
- Monday December 2, 11:30 a.m. Electret: featuring Ricky Allman and Kurt Flecksing
Ricky Allman, UMKC Associate Professor in Painting, and local artist Kurt Flecksing will demonstrate a series of experiments in the visual effect of sound waves on liquid.
- Tuesday December 3, 11:30 a.m. Gemini Revolution
Local band performance. Vintage tone meets modern touch, forming a devastatingly catchy vibe. With visuals by UMKC Professor Barry Anderson’s students.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.