With finals just a few weeks away, stress is at its peak. While you may feel the need to have all-day study sessions every day, in the end this isn’t productive. It is important to make time to get away from your schoolwork. Try taking a couple of hours one afternoon a week to get away from school. This gives you time to relax, reflect, and clear your mind. When you return to studying, you will be refreshed and have much better focus than before. Below is a list of great stress-relieving outdoor activities.
- Go for a walk, jog, or bike ride (if you don’t have a bike on campus, check one out from Swinney!)
- Have a picnic
- Go to a park and read a leisure book
- Window shop at the Plaza
- Visit the Loose Park Rose Garden
- Visit the Kauffman Memorial Gardens
- Walk around the Nelson Atkins Sculpture Garden
- Gather some friends and play a game of catch, Ultimate Frisbee, or football on the Nelson lawn
- Go see a Royals game (Wednesdays starting April 18 are “student nights” with $7 tickets!)
If you’re more of an indoor person, check out next week’s post on indoor stress-relieving activities!
One Response to “Outdoor Stress-Relieving Activities”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.