After winning the Regional Championship in Chicago this past March, UMKC’s Students in the Free Enterprise (SIFE) team has been awarded membership in the SIFE United States CLUB 44, in recognition of the accomplishments of the top university teams in the nation. Further recognition of the team’s accomplishments occurred when SIFE USA announced in June that UMKC has been chosen as one of 14 universities to host the Fall 2011 Team Training Conferences.
Cary Clark, Sam Walton Fellow at the UMKC Innovation Center and our SIFE team faculty sponsor, anticipates that 300 students, from various universities, will attend the September training at the UMKC Student Union. Participants will learn team leadership, project management, and career development.
Congratulations to UMKC SIFE!
Welcome back for Summer 2011! The semester officially started on Monday, June 6th, and it already promises to be a hot one.
Whether you’re taking classes this summer to get ahead or just because, there are a few reminders to help get you on your way:
- Drop dates are fast approaching. Today is the last day to drop for the 1st 4-week session for 100% refund. Tomorrow is the last day to drop for the regular 8-week session for 100% refund. For more dates, check out the academic calendar.
- If you do not make payment arrangements for the semester, your classes will be administratively dropped and you could owe a portion of the fees based on the refund schedule.
- Drink plenty of water! Staying hydrated is important in this weather.
- Mark out all your classes and other obligations (including time to study!) in a planner to help manage your time. The summer semester is short, which can make deadlines all the more surprising unless you plan for them now!
- Parking permits are limited due to the Oak Street Garage closure, so be sure to get yours early or consider purchasing a permit for a remote lot.
- Your fees include membership to Swinney Recreation Center–summer is a great time to start a new workout routine, or stop by to just relax in the pool after classes!
As always, feel free to contact us with any questions or suggestions. Enjoy your semester!