UMKC Career Services is excited to announce the new Roo Career Network (RCN) employment database, powered by NACElink/Symplicity. This employment database will replace our current system, CareerExec, on April 11, 2011. After April 11th, UMKC students and alumni will no longer have access to CareerExec and will be using RCN for internship, work-study positions, full and part time employment needs.
All students will have an account with RCN–simply log in using your UMKC SSO and password to complete the registration process by updating your profile and preferences. More information will be available on the Career Services website beginning April 11.
Top 10 New User Benefits!
1. Easy Student Log In: Use your UMKC SSO to log in to the system beginning April 11.
2. Quick Student Registration Process: A profile has already been started for you–to complete the registration, log in beginning April 11 to finish your academic profile and select your privacy settings. Please note: If you choose not to complete the registration process and be active in the system, no employer will be able to see your information.
3. Access to 1,000,000+ Jobs & Internships: Roo Career Network is a one-stop shop to review jobs posted to UMKC by employers who have internships, jobs, and work-study positions on and off-campus, access ‘NACElink Network’ to search opportunities nationwide, and link to Going Global for opportunities in the USA and abroad.
4. Job Search Agents: Run an advanced search and save that search as a “Job Search Agent.” The “Job Search Agent” may be scheduled to run daily, weekly or monthly to notify you of new jobs that have been posted in the system and meet your search criteria.
5. Request Career Services Appointments: View Career Services team members’ appointment availability and schedule appointments with them directly in the system.
6. Resume Reviews & Employer Searches: Career Services reviews all resumes and documents uploaded in the system and will provide you with feedback. Upon approval, users may opt-in to resume books which are searchable by employers. Candidates may also send employers their resume in the system when applying for jobs or requesting an on-campus interview.
7. Facebook Integration: Establish a posting relationship from your RCN account to your Facebook account. You must approve a series of prompt screens to allow the system to post the following on your wall: Career Services appointment reminder; Career Fair, Employer Information Session, or Workshop reminder; Job Search Agent results; Announcements. The action will only be posted on your pages if you initiate the action. Career Services administrators will not be able to see or have access to students’ Facebook accounts.
8. Receive Emails and Texts: Decide how you would like to receive notification of different events or announcements sent by the Career Services office. You may also indicate if they would like to not receive any communiqué from the office.
9. Sign-up for On-campus Interviews. Submit your resume, cover letters and other documents per the employer request for on-campus interviews.
10. Alumni Accounts: Alumni may begin the registration process on or after April 11 by contacting the UMKC Career Services office to establish a username and password. Once established, alumni may complete the registration process on their own and have complete access to the system.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.