The Bloch Executive MBA Information Session will be held from 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 3rd at the UMKC Northland Campus (11724 NW Plaza Circle, Suite 701, Kansas City, MO 64153). It will provide an opportunity for you to hear from admissions staff, faculty and alumni of the program.
The EMBA program seeks interested professionals, for whom an Executive MBA is the right next step for career development. The program is an accredited MBA degree offered in a convenient weekend format with four immersion residencies for in-depth study in key management areas. The emphasis on leadership, executive development and the application of business knowledge makes it a strong choice for Kansas City’s leaders of today - and tomorrow.
Financial aid is available and UM tuition assistance can be applied to program costs.
The program is now recruiting qualified professionals for the Class of 2014 that will begin its study on August 12. The remaining seats are in a strong cohort of professionals from a variety of organizations - large and small, profit and non-profit - in greater Kansas City, including Cerner, Children’s Mercy, General Motors, IBM, John Deere, Motorola, Nelson-Atkins Museum, KCP&L, KC Southern and Research Medical Center.
Here’s a quick snapshot of the Bloch Executive MBA program:
- Students enter as a cohort and graduate together in 21 months.
- The program is designed for full-time working professionals, meeting just one Friday and two Saturdays a month. Strong student services, learning supports, and team projects facilitate time management, the return to the classroom, and program completion.
- In addition to the full array of accredited MBA courses taught by world-class educators, unique features of the Bloch EMBA include:
- In-depth study of leadership, innovation, public policy and global management through four, week-long immersion residencies. Members of the Class of 2014, for example, will explore their own leadership and team skills in the opening leadership residency. They will study in and travel to Washington, D.C. to strengthen their capacities for civic engagement and national influence. They will study in and travel to multiple cities in China to expand their global citizenship, international networks and strategic mindset. They also will work with leading innovation scholars on enhancing their creative capacities for enterprise leadership, business development and new ventures.
- A dedicated executive coach, working with individuals and teams to foster enhanced self-awareness, interpersonal effectiveness, executive presence, communications and influence skills. The growth we - and organizations - see in Bloch Executive MBA students over the 21 months is remarkable.
- A high quality cohort of diverse professionals that enables students to gain broad perspectives, to hone their team and strategic thinking skills and to strengthen their professional networks. No Executive MBA program in the region has a stronger alumnus base in and commitment to greater Kansas City.
In addition to the Bloch School’s national rankings in non-profit leadership and entrepreneurship, the school’s MBA program has the distinction of being named the Financial Times as the No. 1 Executive MBA at a public university for facilitating career advancements.
The profile of the typical Bloch Executive MBA candidate is someone with:
- 6-8 years of professional work experience
- Progressive management experience (people, projects, and/or budgets)
- Demonstrated professional success and strong motivation to learn
- Support from his or her place of employment - time off for classes, tuition support, access to professional development funds, etc.
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited university and experiences that indicate the capacity to successfully complete the academic requirements of the program.
Individuals interested in more program information can attend the following Information Session, view EMBA or call 816-235-2370.