Join other UMKC staff – and win prizes! – in the Poker Walk during the Staff Council Picnic, May 25 (11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.). Sponsored by Healthy for Life: The T.E. Atkins UM Wellness Program, the Poker Walk will run from 11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. (Walkers must begin the Poker Walk no later than 1:00 p.m.)
Here’s how it works:
- Receive one playing card to begin…walk one loop to receive two more cards… complete your five-card hand by walking the loop a second time.
- Turn in cards to have your poker hand and rank recorded.
- Option to improve your hand: Exchange any two cards by walking a third loop (Ask for a ticket before you go.)
- Route takes approximately eight-10 minutes to walk. (One half mile per loop.)
- Follow the red POKER WALK signs along the way.
Prizes will go to the five top-ranked poker hands and to the overall worst poker hand. All participants are eligible to win a Healthy for Life gift basket.
The Staff Picnic will also feature 15-minute Mindful Yoga demonstrations (11:00 a.m., Noon and 1:00 p.m.), outdoor games, Tai Chi demonstrations, and Swinney Recreation Tours (11:30 a.m., 12:30 and 1:30 p.m.), along with food and music.
If you would like to help with the Poker Walk, please email Laurie or call her at 816. 235.6418.