With 2011 just around the corner, many faculty and staff are reflecting on the past year and setting goals for the coming year. With that in mind, you might want to check out some resources available in myLearn, the university’s new online learning tool, to help you with setting effective goals:
- Setting and Managing Priorities – A 15-minute interactive case study in the Business Exploration Series focused on setting professional goals when there are multiple priorities
- Goals and Setting Goals – A two-hour course that helps you to create goals that are challenging and achievable
- Goal Setting: How to Create an Action Plan and Achieve Your Goals, 2nd Ed. – A 128-page book with worksheets, quizzes and other practical tools to set goals and make plans
- Alternate Goals – A one-page SkillBriefs handout with tips on setting alternative goals for those times when you haven’t achieved some of your goals.
If you’re interested in any of these resources, simply enter the title into the search field in myLearn to find the resource. Use the drop-down arrow to focus your search on specific resources such as the Business Exploration Series, SkillBriefs, books, courses, etc.
These are just a few of the many resources available in myLearn. myLearn provides an array of resources available online, anytime, anywhere. To access myLearn:
- Go to myHR: https://myHR.umsystem.edu
- Sign in using your university User ID and Password
- Click Self-Service
- Click Personal Information
- Click HR Training – myLearn
- First time users: Follow the instructions provided in myHR
- Returning users: Click “Click Here to Begin”
If you’d like to learn more about myLearn, please call (816-235-1619) or email Jill Barksdale, UMKC’s myLearn Campus Representative, with any questions.