[The following provides statistics about UMatters' weekly blog from its mid-February 2010 launch to Nov. 16, 2010.]
UMatters began in 2005 as a monthly e-newsletter. Since launching as a weekly blog in mid-February this year, UMatters has been emailed to approx. 6,400* faculty and staff each week.
In that time, the e-publication has had
- 85,744 total views.
- A weekly average of 2,400 hits since February.
- A steady rise in weekly views, with 2,800 average for the last 15 weeks.
- As many as 3,005 views in a single day (Aug. 31).
The number of requests for stories also has increased.
- The average number of stories appearing weekly in UMatters during its first 12 weeks was five.
- During the last 12 weeks, the average each week has been 10 stories.
UM System has taken notice of UMatters. The e-publication’s story about UMKC Alumnus Bill Reinert, who is scheduled to visit our campus next year as part of a promotion of our School of Computing and Engineering, is being reviewed by System as a feature story on the UM homepage.
*On November 23, UMatters began broadcasting to 7,765 faculty and staff to include new hires since January 2010.