The mission of the UMKC Staff Council Advocacy Committee is to represent and promote the interests and concerns of the collective body.
Chair: Liza Urdang
Members: Tommie Allison, Kandace Claypole, Della Damon, Vanessa Harper, Deborah Phillips, Alison Troutwine, Marilyn Turbush, Deborah Waring
2015-2016 MONTHLY MEETINGS:
2nd Tuesday of the month, from 3-4pm at the Administrative Center.
- The Human Resources department has several books available on parenting and child development on through myLearn/Books 24×7. Access myLearn from myHR > Main Menu > Self Service > Personal Information >HR Training-myLearn). Search for “parenting” to access these sources.
- Another parenting/family source is the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services website.
- The National Caregivers Library website has many resources for caregivers, employers, and co-workers.
- Multiple articles that cover issues working parents encounter can be found at About.com’s Working Mom’s forum.
- Berkley’s website contains information on Berkley, an events calendar, and links to other important child development information.