Save the date for the 2013 UMKC Roo Walk. This year’s walk will take place on Wednesday, June 12 on the Volker Campus and Thursday, June 13 on the Hospital Hill Health Sciences campus. On the Volker campus, the walk will begin in the UMKC Quad. At the Hospital Hill campus, it will begin in the area between the School of Medicine and the Health Sciences Building.
The walk is approximately one mile. The pre-walk rally begins promptly at noon. At the conclusion of the walk, there will be a prize drawing with the chance to win one of 35 wellness-related prizes, including a Fitbit wireless activity tracker.
The goal of the Roo Walk is to allow participants to get away from their daily routine, connect with other UMKC employees, enjoy healthy snacks and most importantly, do something good for our health!
Registration is not required, but it is encouraged. Every UMKC employee who pre-registers for the walk before April 30, will receive an exclusive UMKC Roo Walk T-Shirt. Additional information can be found on the UMKC Roo Walk Homepage
Submit your nominees for 2014-2015 Staff Council!
As part of your 2013 benefits, you are eligible for a wellness incentive. Healthy for Life is an incentive-based wellness program designed to help you earn your incentive and actively manage your health. By completing a personal health assessment, health screening, and 240 minutes of cardiovascular physical activity, primary subscribers to the UM health plans will receive $100 in a tax-favored account to use for medical expenses in 2013 Benefit Plan year. You can receive your health screening through Healthy for Life or by going to your health care provider. If you’ve gone to your provider, you can submit your results by using our doctor screening form.
The health screening is only part of the requirement to earn your $100 Wellness Incentive. You’ll also need to complete your Personal Health Assessment (PHA) and log 240 minutes of physical activity. You can complete your PHA and schedule your screening by visiting your Cerner Health Account.
Earn $100 in 3 Easy Steps:
- Complete your personal health assessment–an online questionnaire that helps you understand your health risks and provides you with resources to improve your well-being. (between Oct. 15, 2012 and Apr. 30, 2013)
- Complete your health screening, which includes cholesterol, blood sugar, blood pressure, height and weight. You can schedule a FREE on campus screening or visit your health care provider (valid screenings are between June 1, 2012 and Apr. 30, 2013).
- Track 240 minutes of cardiovascular physical activity in any calendar month (between Oct. 15, 2012 and Apr. 30, 2013).
Ready to get started?
- Create or return to your Cerner Health account by visiting www.healthyforlife.umsystem.edu.
- Enter your email address and join the program.
- Use the helpful quick-start guide to help you step by step.
- If you need help, call Cerner at 877-621-8014.
Schedule your appointment at our upcoming events:
- March 12, Hospital Hill, Health Sciences Building, Room 5309
- March 13, Volker Campus, Student Success Center, Pierson Auditorium
- April 4, Volker Campus, Student Success Center, Pierson Auditorium
- April 16: Hospital Hill, Health Sciences Building, Room 5309