PROMOTION AND TENURE PORTFOLIO
Effective Fall Semester 2011, all P&T portfolios must be electronic; hard-copy portfolios will no longer be accepted for promotion and tenure review.
The P&T Portfolio is your opportunity to provide the documents that support your application to be promoted and/or granted tenure. Although you can provide as much information as you choose, Electronic portfolios are limited to 1GB in size and must utilize the appropriate university-approved template. Large electronic files/materials can be stored in MoSpace, UM System’s permanent central document repository (MoSpace submission deadline: March 31). Adobe Pro Software(version 10.0 or higher) is required to create electronic P&T portfolios, and may be utilized free via UMKC Remote Labs or purchased ($61) through UMKC Information Services(login required).
Electronic P&T Portfolio Workshops will be offered in the Spring Semester for hands-on Adobe Pro software and portfolio training.
CLICK HERE to view step-by-step instructions for creating an “E-Portfolio” (electronic promotion & tenure portfolio)
The following folders will be populated by the Candidate prior to submission for review.
FOLDER 1: Candidate Information/P&T Criteria
- Part I Form
- Department P&T Guidelines
- Unit P&T Guidelines
- Campus P&T Guidelines (Chancellor’s Memo #35)
- UM System P&T Guidelines (CRR 320.035 Policies and Procedures for Promotion and Tenure)
FOLDER 2: Teaching
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Evidence to support information provided in Part I Form Section C, including but not limited to:
Directed Dissertations and Theses
Significant Graduate Student Accomplishments
- Teaching Evaluation Summaries (by semester for period identified in Part I Form Section C)
- Document pointing to hyperlinks of electronic teaching materials stored externally in MoSpace or other secure, reviewer-accessible permanent web link.
FOLDER 3: Scholarship (Research & Creative Activities)
- Statement of Research/Scholarship/Creativity Philosophy
- Evidence to support information provided in Part I Form Section D, including but not limited to:
Publications or Creative Works (journal articles, books, research monographs & reports)
Citations and Reviews of Publications or Creative Works
Research and Development Funding, Projects, Findings
Professional Membership (conference/meeting participation/presentations, lectures, papers, panels, clinics, office held)
Professional Activities (editorial consultancies, hospital appointments, etc)
- Document pointing to hyperlinks of electronic scholarship materials stored externally in MoSpace or other secure, reviewer-accessible permanent web link.
FOLDER 4: Service
- Evidence to support information provided in Part I Form Section E, including but not limited to:
Extension Courses, Workshops, or Conferences planned, taught or participated in
Committee Service – UM System, UMKC, Unit, Department
Other Leadership or Service to the University
Student Extracurricular Activity Involvement and Accomplishments
Community Service (International, National, State, Local)
- Document pointing to hyperlinks of electronic service materials stored externally in MoSpace or other secure, reviewer-accessible permanent web link.
FOLDER 5: Additional Materials
- Evidence to support information provided in Part I Form Section F, including bu not limited to:
Additional Professional Experience
Additional Honors and Special Recognitions
Evidence reflecting professional growth and effectiveness in these areas
Unsolicited Student or Peer Kudos or Accolades
- Document pointing to hyperlinks of electronic materials not contained within the portfolio but stored in MoSpace or other secure, reviewer-accessible external server.
Hard Copy Documentation Form: Notification of any Hard Copy Documentation (book, video, DVD, CD, etc) accompanying the Portfolio. Print this completed form and attach to each hard copy item.
CANDIDATE MAY CONTINUE TO SUPPLY RELEVANT NEW DOCUMENTATION TO THE P&T COORDINATOR THROUGHOUT THE REVIEW PROCESS. Once the candidate has submitted the portfolio for review, the candidate may send new materials to the P&T Coordinator for inclusion in the “Addendums Folder” of the P&T Portfolio for consideration by the current level of review and beyond. New materials should be limited to documentation relevant to the P&T review process, such as notification of publication or sponsored awards, new honors and achievements, etc. Please do not submit updated Part I Forms or CVs when adding new materials.
DOCUMENTATION SUPPLIED BY THE CANDIDATE IN FOLDERS 1-5 ABOVE WILL NOT BE REMOVED FROM THE PORTFOLIO ONCE SUBMITTED FOR REVIEW.
The following portfolio folders will be maintained by the unit’s Promotion & Tenure Coordinator; candidate does not supply documentation for these folders, but will receive copies of all documentation (except external evaluator letters of recommendation) for insertion into candidate’s copy of the portfolio after the review process begins.
FOLDER 6: External Evaluations CONFIDENTIAL
- 4-6 Evaluation Letters from External Reviewers
FOLDER 7: UMKC Recommendations
- Faculty Comments to P&T Committee
- Department P&T Committee Recommendation (and Candidate’s appeal/rebuttal letter, if applicable)
- Part II Form / Chair’s Recommendation (and Candidate’s appeal/rebuttal letter, if applicable)
- Unit P&T Committee Recommendation (and Candidate’s appeal/rebuttal letter, if applicable)
- Dean Recommendation (and Candidate’s appeal/rebuttal letter, if applicable)
FOLDER 8: Addendum
- Any additonal materials or documentation supplied by Candidate after portfolio submission, throughout review process
(Must be added in chronological order, with dates received and added to portfolio identified in document Description field)