This form should be used for mass e-mail requests directed to the Provost for approval. Please review the Mass E-Mail Policy for additional information and guidelines.
Mass E-Mail Procedures
- Submit mass e-mail requests to the approving office listed above at least one week before your preferred send date.
Please consider the following guidelines:
- Mass e-emails must be relevant to the majority of recipients on the targeted list.
- E-mails are subject to editing for grammar, spelling, consistency and content. Except in an emergency, edited text will be returned to requestor for review prior to distribution.
- E-mail content should be brief.
- E-mails should not include attachments. When necessary to incorporate additional information, include a hyperlink in the e-mail content and link to additional information.
- Each mass e-mail will be sent only one time. Exceptions will be made if significant changes to content need to be communicated.
- Mass e-mail cannot be used for commercial mailings.
- E-mail delegates will consult with the Office of Public Relations for the scheduling of e-mail distribution to ensure optimal timing and to prevent multiple messages being sent in a tight timeframe.
- Requests may be directed to alternate communication channels when appropriate, including UMatters, the Provost’s blog, News and Announcements (UMKC home page), Important Dates (UMKC home page), etc.