Introducing UMKC’s Winners
The SGA presented Apple Polisher Awards to the faculty and staff who made a significant impact on students’ lives, professionally, academically or personally.
“There are plenty of awards for student leaders on campus and oftentimes the hard work of our faculty and staff goes unrecognized,” said Josh Krueger, the SGA administrative vice president. “The Apple Polishers Award is SGA’s way to offer students a chance to say thank you to faculty and staff.”
This event is held each spring semester and allows all students an opportunity to nominate recipients for the Apple Polishers Award.
“We had a great showing of student leaders and faculty and staff at the 2013 Apple Polishers Banquet,” said Krueger. “This was an amazing ending to a very exciting academic school year.”
Kathleen Kilway, Ph.D., professor in the department of chemistry, was named Apple Polisher Awards Professor of the Year. According to nominating student Christina Le, Kilway put forth extra effort to make sure students succeeded, including sacrificing her personal time to help them.
- Gerald Foley, School of Dentistry; nominated by Erin Graham
- Fred Lee, Department of Economics; nominated by Avraham Bavanes
- Tamas Kapros, School of Biological Sciences; nominated by Stephen Maldonade
- Kathleen Kilway, Department of Chemistry; nominated by Christina Le
- Hilary McNeil, School of Education; nominated by Katie Wolfe
- Jim Mahoney, School of Computing and Engineering; nominated by David Matthew Moore
- Stephanie Marquez, Department of Foreign Languages & Literature; nominated by Taylor Rice
- Robert Riggs, Department of Physics and Astronomy; nominated by Lauren Crump
- William Self, Henry W. Bloch School of Management; nominated by Andrew Wrisinger
- Christine Zimmerman, School of Nursing and Health Studies; nominated by Justine Raguini
- Adela Fleming, School of Law; nominated by Parke Stevens
- Shelly Janasz, School of Pharmacy; nominated by Miller Bogart
- Donald Lampman, University Stores; nominated by Kristine Conrow
- Janelle Laudick, School of Education; nominated by David Robinson
- Chaluba Musonda, Student Auxiliary Services; nominated by Anthony McDaniel
- Daniel (Pat) O’Bannon, School of Computing and Engineering; nominated by Carson Buchanan
- Student Union Building Staff; nominated by Anthony McDaniel
- Tiffany Williams, Multicultural Student Affairs; nominated by Jasmine Bryant
About the University of Missouri-Kansas City
The University of Missouri-Kansas City, one of four University of Missouri campuses, is a public university serving more than 15,000 undergraduate, graduate and professional students, and celebrating its 80th anniversary in 2013. UMKC engages with the community and economy based on a four-part mission: life and health sciences; visual and performing arts; urban issues and education; and a vibrant learning and campus life experience. For more information about UMKC, visit www.umkc.edu. You can also find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and watch us on YouTube.
# # #
This information is available to people with speech or hearing impairments by calling Relay Missouri at (800) 735-2966 (TTY) or (800) 735-2466 (voice).