Thinking about attending law school once you graduate from college? It’s never too early to start thinking about how to get there.
Consider these 10 easy steps
1. Speak with your high school counselor about which classes fulfill college admission requirements.
2. Market yourself by getting involved! Participate in extracurricular activities and social clubs that you enjoy.
3. To SAT or ACT? Take the stigma away from these college entrance exams by taking preparatory classes and practice tests.
4. Colleges and universities are not created equal! Research, tour, and observe schools in which you are interested. Schedule a tour of UMKC today.
5. Complete your FAFSA form at fafsa.gov before the April 1 priority deadline.
6. Know the financial aid terminology: scholarship, grant, loan, subsidized, unsubsidized, work-study, and parent-plus.
7. There is no right or wrong major for law school admissions. Follow your passion.
8. Speak with your undergraduate pre-law adviser or law school admissions personnel often. The UMKC School of Law admissions staff is available to answer all of your questions. Contact a representative today.
9. Get involved in programs such as CLEO Scholars and DiscoverLaw for law school information and preparation. Find out more about UMKC law school’s diversity partnerships and opportunities.
10. Prepare and take the LSAT as early as possible, June, October, or December of your junior year. Learn more.
Find out when UMKC law school will be visiting your high school by viewing our recruiting calendar online. We are here to help as you begin your law school journey.