Take a look at the training opportunities that are now available to enroll in for April:
- The Central Exchange (CX) has provided a limited number of vouchers for UMKC employees to attend CX professional development events. For information on programs, visit the Central Exchange Calendar. To register for an event, contact Susi Mickey at firstname.lastname@example.org. If space is available, your registration will be processed and you will receive a confirmation by email.
- Registration for the UMKC Staff Conference for Professional Development “#UMKCDevelopMe” is open in myLearn. Attendees will learn about how to professionally develop themselves and eligible employees will receive 75 Healthy for Life Wellness Incentive points for participation.
- In-person myPerformance training still available. Resources and information about each instructor led training can be found on the Human Resources page
- Online training for the University Success Factor courses are available on myLearn. Visit Success Factor Course List to find suggested courses and reading for each job category in each area.
- Planning for the UMKC Summer Development Series is underway! This year’s theme is based on the Tom Rath book, Wellbeing: The Five Essential Elements. The book can be accessed in myLearn here. Information on the training programs will be available next month.
Highlights from Last Month
In March, UMKC Talent Management launched myPerformance training to ensure that each employee and supervisor understand the definitions of success factors for each department, how to write self-appraisals and use the software, and to ultimately learn how to better their performance appraisals going forward. These trainings are still being offered in person, as well as in myLearn. Please consult with your supervisor on a due date for your self-appraisal. The myPerformance recommended timeline is available as a guideline to help keep you on track through the process.
Remember that myLearn has a variety of online Wellness Incentive Eligible 2017 courses and other resources.