Calling all UMKC supervisors—the start of a new semester can be a great time to invest in your own professional development!
The UMKC Supervisory Development Series will begin with Supervisory Foundations on Wednesday, August 23. This certificate program is made up of 10 in-person courses and eight online myLearn topics. Program facilitators use a UMKC prospective to guide you through a wide range of supervisory-related topics. This is a great opportunity to build up your supervisor’s toolkit and meet and network with other supervisors.
For those new to supervision, the Supervisory Development Series will provide opportunities to meet with colleagues and learn foundational management and leadership strategies. Experienced supervisors will benefit from university-focused program content. Upon completion of the Supervisory Development Series, participants will be able to:
- Describe essential supervisory responsibilities
- Understand UMKC policies and how to effectively respond to and handle common management issues
- Utilize Time and Labor to effectively record time for yourself and employees
- Understand the Family and Medical Leave Act and when employees should be utilizing leave regarding FMLA guidelines
- Implement effective strategies to interview and select qualifying candidates for open positions
- Resolve performance and disciplinary issues by implementing fair progressive disciplinary processes
Enroll through myLearn at UMKC Supervisory Development Series.
Supervisors will also find an important resource page on the UMKC Human Resources website under About Us, called Supervisory Resources. You will find information and guides on topics ranging from recruitment and onboarding to performance management and trending topics for supervisors.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Susi Mickey at email@example.com