As a UMKC employee, there are many additional benefits you have that you may not be aware of. Benefit extras include a group of special benefits that provide you with various discounts and perks that you can take advantage of just for being a UMKC employee! These discounts are separated by category and offer perks to many venues, hotels and events around the city.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
UMKC does not endorse or affirm the quality of products or services provided by the discount vendors. UMKC provides a listing of discount programs offered by local businesses. The information contained is believed to be reliable and every effort is made to assure the information is as accurate as possible.
UMKC at no time endorses nor recommends any specific commercial products, process or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer or otherwise, and does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation or favoring.
Discount proposals originate from referrals by UMKC employees or by direct contact from a vendor.
Discounts are subject to change without notice.
- Adventureland Amusement Park (Des Moines, Iowa)
- Best Western Seville Plaza Hotel
- CoCo Key Water Resort
- Embassy Suites – Plaza
- Holiday Inn Country Club Plaza
- Homestead Studio Suites
- Kansas City Repertory Theatre
- Marriott Residence Inn
- Orlando Employee Discounts
- Schlitterbahn 2017
- Silver Dollar City
- The Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza
- Ticket Monster Perks
- Showboat Branson Belle
- UMKC Men’s Basketball Tickets
- Worlds of Fun/Oceans of Fun
- Wyndham Hotel Group (Multiple Hotels)
- Brooks Brothers
- ICE.com (Jewelry)
- Sam’s Club (Overland Park)
- Skyline Downtown Salon
- The Walking Company
Technology and Telecommunications
- Personal Computers
- Remote Labs
- Connect your home (including ADT and Dish Network)
- Mobile Phone Service
- Enterprise Car Rental
- GM Supplier Discount | FAQ
- Rideshare Program Information and Registration Instructions
- UMKC Transportation
- Swinney Recreation Center – $20/month. Prospective members can utilize the Open Doors pricing. This requires bringing in a valid tax or two current check stubs. By doing this, and individual member can possibly pay $46 – $63 vs. the $58 listed above. The pricing is completely dependent on the age and income level of the prospective member.
- GlobalFit – Employees can take advantage and join the 10,000+ participating fitness centers nationwide including Curves, 24 Hour Fitness, Bally Total Fitness, anytime Fitness (plus thousands of local and regional favorites) and get GlobalFit’s guaranteed lowest rates.
Please contact Jesse Neris directly at 800-294-1500, ext. 322, to find gyms near you and get started with your savings.
- Gold’s Gym
- Inner Space Yoga
- Jewish Community Center (JCC) Fitness
- The Walking Company – 15%
- UMKC Counseling Center – Free Consultation, Follow-up sessions: $20
- UMKC School of Education Community Counseling and Assessment Services – offers services on a sliding scale to the Greater KC Community