Better grades. Academic connections. Opportunities to meet new friends. Campus resources. What’s not to love? Check out the perks of living on campus at UMKC. We love it, and we bet you will, too.
How can YOU benefit from living on campus?
- Students who live on campus at UMKC have a GPA nearly 0.75 points higher than their off campus colleagues.
- In a recent survey, 76 percent of students stated that living on campus had increased their ability to succeed academically.
- Students who live on campus are more likely to stay in school, graduate on time and be more involved in the UMKC community.
- Residential Life staff plan events to help you get to know other students, learn new skills and gain friends and experiences that you will value for the rest of your life.
- Feel more connected to campus activities and professors and have the 24/7 support of on-campus residential staff.
- Unlike many college campuses, all of UMKC’s residential facilities are less than 15 years old.
- Whatever your preference for food, UMKC has plenty of good eats on and near campus.
- It’s a short walk to classes, Swinney Recreation Center and nearby shopping and dining.
- There are no separate utility bills, and cable with HBO and Internet is provided.
- Bikes are available to rent through the rec center.
Explore Kansas City
- The Volker campus is located in the heart of Kansas City and a is short walk to the Country Club Plaza.
- The Hospital Hill campus is minutes from downtown KC and the popular Power and Light District.
- Experience the Crossroads Arts District or the Kauffman Center for the Performing Arts.
- Check out world-class museums and entertainment.