First 40 List of Events
Start: 10:00 am
End: 2:00 pm
Location: Royall Hall Lobby
Resumes, cover letters, and career advice in a snap.
Meet the Career Services staff and get your resume in shape for the fall career fairs during either of these free, come and go events. Don't miss out on the giveaways or the free career advice.
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes®: The International Men’s March to Stop Rape, Sexual Assault & Gender Violence
Start: 5:30 pm
End: 7:30 pm
Location: UMKC University Playhouse, 51st and Holmes St.
Time: 5:30 p.m., Kickoff; 6:00 p.m., March; 6:30 p.m., After Party at Pizza 51
This event asks men to walk a mile in women’s high-heeled shoes to help them better understand and appreciate women’s experiences, improve gender relationships, and decrease the potential for violence. Registration is required. See http://info.umkc.edu/womenc/programs/walk-a-mile-in-her-shoes/ for details and registration costs.
Co-sponsored by the UMKC Violence Prevention & Response Program
- Debonair AffairSaturday, October 7, 2017 (12:00 PM - 7:00 PM) Location: Student Union Theater Talent Showcase for Grade/ Middle School aged Boys.
- 14th Post-Keynesian ConferenceFriday, September 22, 2017 (8:00 AM) - Sunday, September 24, 2017 (6:00 PM) Location: Student Union - UMKC Conference themes will include: The Shoulders of Giants: contributions of our forefathers and foremothers; The Future of Post Keynesian Economics; Can Euroland Survive?; Tapering and the end of QE; Is secular stagnation the New Normal?; The dangerous […]
- Around the World Cooking: Indian CuisineSaturday, October 14, 2017 (10:00 AM - 2:00 PM) Location: Oak Street Hall Cooking class to expose students to Nigerian cooking. This is the first installment in a list of cooking classes that we will be having.
- Roos in the City: RoKCSaturday, September 23, 2017 (9:15 AM - 12:30 PM) Location: RoKC Rock Climbing experience with Bachelor of Health Sciences Society
- American Red Cross Registration TablingWednesday, October 11, 2017 (12:00 PM - 3:00 PM) Location: Student Union Registration tabling for the American Red Cross blood drive which will be held on October 24th.
- MMT ConferenceSaturday, September 23, 2017 (11:30 AM - 2:30 PM) Location: Pierson Auditorium Keynote speaker of conference. Students will be able to attend lunch, where they can hear from a leading academic in the field of monetary economics and finance. It will be a great opportunity for students to see a world renown academic engaging with […]
- Math MatineeWednesday, October 18, 2017 (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM) Location: Royall Hall Room 203 Join UMKC Math Club Wednesdays at 12:00 for a short youtube video or podcast on mathematics. After we will discuss and socialize. Bring your lunch! Get to know your fellow classmates!
- Standards MeetingSunday, September 24, 2017 (3:45 PM - 7:00 PM) Location: Student Union Standards board will meet
- Britney's Discipleship GroupMonday, October 9, 2017 (7:00 PM - 8:00 PM) Location: 402 Student Union Discipleship Group
- ASA MeetingSunday, September 24, 2017 (5:30 PM - 10:30 PM) Location: Student Union The women of ASA will have a meeting to discuss upcoming events.