One week is just not enough time! We invite you to continue exploring and connecting throughout the first forty days of the semester. With the help of several partnering offices and departments across campus, we will continue to bring you ways to get involved so your answer to “Are you in?” is “YES!” We will be adding new events often, so check back soon.
Welcome to the First 40!
Calendar of Events
- Roos in the City: Exploring Art and Culture on 18th & VineThe historic 18th & Vine District; bus boards at UMKC Ongoing through Saturday, March 19, 2016, 4pm The historic 18th & Vine District; bus boards at UMKCJoin this excursion to the historic 18th and Vine District and visit the American Jazz Museum, Negro Leagues Museum, and Black Archives. You will also receive a guided tour […]
- Body-Mind EntenteUMKC Gallery of ArtFine Arts Building Ongoing through Friday, February 26, 2016 Body-Mind Entente features multimedia artworks that explore the relationship between body and mind, perception and cognition, consciousness and spirituality. It looks into the biological and cultural factors that shape our existence, enabling us to develop singular identities while simultaneously sharing many features and […]
- Healing Arts Corner: Loving Ourselves ValentinesMiller Nichols Library, 800 E. 51st St Ongoing through Monday, February 29, 2016 Student Life Approved?: Yes Sponsoring Organization: UMKC Women's Center Event Contact: 816-235-1638 More info: www.facebook.com…
- Vday Book DisplayMiller Nichols Learning Center Fourth Floor, 800 East 51st St.; UMKC Bookstore, 5100 Cherry St. Ongoing through Monday, February 29, 2016, 5pm Stop by to check out books and information about the V-Day movement to end violence against women and girls. Event Sponsor: Violence Prevention & Response Program, UMKC Libraries, UMKC Bookstore Event Contact: Kacie Otto, 816-235-5560 […]
- Healing Arts Corner: Loving Ourselves ValentinesUMKC Student Union Bookstore, 5100 Cherry St. Sunday, February 7, 2016 Stop by these locations and create a valentine for the most important person in your life – YOU! Co-sponsored by UMKC Libraries and the UMKC Bookstores Event Sponsor: UMKC Women's Center Event Contact: 816-235-1638 Tickets Required: No More info: www.facebook.com…
- + Energy meetingWednesday, February 17, 2016 (2:00 PM - 3:00 PM) Location: Student Union 419 + Energy will hold weekly meetings for the organization to dicuss events and future events to plan
- umkc::House of Prayer//Luke 18 ProjectFriday, February 19, 2016 (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM) Location: UMKC Student Union We will have a time of worship and prayer to Jesus. We will pray for our classmates, our campus, our city, and each other. Anyone is welcome to join!
- Jumah PrayerSaturday, August 29, 2015 (1:00 PM) - Friday, May 13, 2016 (2:00 PM) Location: Student Union A weekly prayer for muslims held on Fridays from 1 P.M. to 2 P.M.
- Information TableThursday, February 18, 2016 (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM) Location: Student Union 2nd floor by the elevator This event will be an information table to showcase our organization to passing students. We would like a information table in the student union on Thursday 12:00-1:00 P.M. on a weekly basis throughout SP2016, beginning from the January […]
- Weekly Reflection MeetingTuesday, February 9, 2016 (6:00 PM) - Tuesday, February 16, 2016 (9:00 PM) Location: Student Union #402 The Weekly Reflection Meeting is a place where students gather to share their thoughts and reflections on a set of Bible verses.