One week is just not enough time! We invite you to continue exploring and connecting throughout the first forty days of the semester. With the help of several partnering offices and departments across campus, we will continue to bring you ways to get involved so your answer to “Are you in?” is “YES!” We will be adding new events often, so check back soon.
Welcome to the First 40!
Calendar of Events
- Student Veterans Organization Toys 4 TotsThere will be donation containers in the UMKC Student Union and in the lobby of the Miller Nichols Library. Ongoing through Friday, December 11, 2015, 4pm Help make a Kansas City child's Christmas Merry by donating toys with the UMKC Student Veterans Organization and the United States Marines "Toys for Tots" campaign. There will be […]
- Sonance IIUMKC Gallery of Art Ongoing through Friday, December 11, 2015 Sonance II Multi-Media Exhibition and Interdisciplinary Event Series will present forms of media, performance and music-based work during the months of November and December. Spanning disciplines as diverse as dance, sound, video and installation, this is the second exhibition of its kind at the UMKC […]
- The Clothesline Project during 16 Days of Activism Against Gender ViolenceHospital Hill Residence Hall, 25th and Troost Ave. Ongoing through Thursday, December 10, 2015, 5pm This international campaign recognizes the time between November 25, International Day Against Violence Against Women, and December 10, International Human Rights Day, in order to symbolically link violence against women and human rights and to emphasize that such violence is […]
- Christmas in the ParkLongview Lake Campground and Park Ongoing through Thursday, December 31, 2015, 10pm Event Sponsor: Jackson County Event Contact: (816) 503-4800 Tickets Required: No More info: www.jacksongov.org…
- A Christmas CarolSpencer Theatre Sunday, November 29, 2015, 1 – 3pm A ripping good telling of the classic story of Ebenezer Scrooge, the curmudgeonly businessman who requires the intervention of a few spectral guides to understand the true meaning of Christmas and life. Complete with lively musical numbers, ornate costuming, and dashing stagecraft, Dickens’ classic tale of hope and […]
- TEDxUMKC: Big Challenges, Small SolutionsSaturday, December 5, 2015 (12:00 PM - 5:00 PM) Location: National WWI Memorial Museum A TED-like conference featuring notables from the Kansas City Area. On Big Challenges, Small Solutions: Although our society has made much progress, there are still major challenges facing us today. Some of these challenges are well known, while many are […]
- Meet and GreetWednesday, December 2, 2015 (7:00 PM - 8:15 PM) Location: the union The men of Phi Beta Sigma would the like to host a meet an Greet for spring semester intake
- Jumah PrayerSaturday, August 29, 2015 (1:00 PM) - Friday, May 13, 2016 (2:00 PM) Location: Student Union A weekly prayer for muslims held on Fridays from 1 P.M. to 2 P.M.
- Help LabWednesday, December 2, 2015 (5:00 PM - 7:30 PM) Location: Dental School Pre-Clinical Lab First and Second year dental students are enrolled in an intense curriculum of preclinical restorative dental sciences. A paramount skill in dentistry is having an eye for what is clinically acceptable. This often requires learning from people who have recently gone […]
- chess hours, Monday through Friday 9:00 - 10:30, Manheim 304FMonday, October 5, 2015 (9:00 AM) - Tuesday, December 8, 2015 (10:30 AM) Location: Manheim 304F Monday through Friday 9:00 - 10:30. Play chess at the student reading room (Manheim Hall Room 304F). Note: the chess set is in the book shelf. Ask Dr. Bani email@example.com if you need a chess clock.