To ensure continued recognition as a Recognized Student Organization (RSO) your organization must follow the following:
- Keep an up-to-date roster and faculty/staff advisor listed on your Student Org’s RooGroup page.
- Have your most current constitution in RooGroups.
- Have your President and Treasurer pass the Funding Workshop Module in Blackboard (Link coming soon)
- A funding test will be issued on Blackboard, and the test must be passed with 80% accuracy.
- Keep an up-to-date roster in RooGroups every semester regardless if the information has changed. This is due by the third week of classes every semester.
- Prepare the annual student organization budget
- Monitor the student organization’s budget
- Complete an annual financial report for the student organization
- Tend to the status of all purchase requests
- Collect funds and deposits, ensuring they are deposited into the student organization’s MoCode account (visit the Office of Student Involvement front desk to make deposits); and never deposit moneys received by the organization into a personal account.
- Ensure payment of all bills due to the organization
- Keep an exact record of all transactions, i.e. deposits, checks and adjusting entries
- Prepare monthly financial reports and documents to keep the student organization’s membership informed about the student organization’s financial situation.
Depositing Money Into your Org's AccountEvery Recognized Student Organization (RSO) has the privilege of having a MoCode account through the Office of Student Involvement. This MoCode account is where all allocations from the Student Activity Fee Committee (SAFC), primary and secondary councils, and general monies are deposited and maintained. All allocated money from SAFC, a primary, or secondary council are maintained in a "checking account" line within the organization's MoCode account. This is the money that is first used when transactions occur by the student organization (i.e. using a p-card, paying for using the Central Ticketing Office at an event where admission is charged ). These funds are returned back to the SAFC general revenue fund the Friday following graduation in the Spring semester, or at a specified time by the SAFC/SGA committee, or the Office of Student Involvement. A "savings account" is an account line within the organization's MoCode account that is activated when an organization has deposited money that was received through fundraising, dues, donations, t-shirt sales, etc. All funds collected for your organization must be deposited into your MoCode account.
Steps to deposit moneyPrepare a deposit slip (CLICK HERE) listing all funds to be credited to your account. Include the MoCode number to explain where the funds are to be deposited.
Deposits should be made on a timely basis and brought to the Office of Student Involvement (OSI) in the Student Union Building Room 320. Cash deposits should be made within 24 hours.
General Guidelines:Whenever possible, accept checks instead of cash. Checks must be payable to the organization. Do not take cash collected and make purchases directly for your organization.
Bookkeeping ProceduresKeep the ledger in your organization's Accounting Ledger Google Doc current. Enter all check requests, deposits, organization transfers and adjustments at the time of the transaction. Enter all adjustments into your ledger immediately upon receiving notification from the Office of Student Involvement that: a deposit amount has been adjusted a check request has been voided a check request amount has been changed a check has been returned by the bank as dishonored an adjustment has been made to your account Please note: it is your responsibility to collect the funds for any returned checks and to deposit the new funds into your account.
Using P-CardsThe Office of Student Involvement Purchase Card (P-Card) may be used to make tax-exempt purchases with local merchants up to the maximum $500.00 limit. The P-Card must be presented to the merchant at the time of purchase to ensure proper identification and billing. At the time of purchase, make sure that the P-Card number and identification of being Tax Exempt (you can ask for this letter for both Missouri and Kansas tax exempt, upon picking up the P-Card from the Office of Student Involvement). Upon return of the P-Card to the Office of Student Involvement, all itemized receipts must be submitted at the time of returning the P-Card. If an organization does not turn in a receipt within 48 hours of checking out the p-card, they will receive a strike against their organization. With p-cards, this first strike will no longer allow any outside vendor P-Card purchases to be made for the remaining of the semester (and are limited to in-house - online or phone purchases only). Each organization is responsible for all charges made on the P-Card. THIS INCLUDES ANY CHARGES MADE ON A CARD THAT HAS BEEN LOST OR STOLEN. If a card has been lost or stolen, contact the OSI Office immediately (816.235.1407). While we may not be able to stop the use of the card, we will work with you to identify who ever is using the card and limit charges. Please [Click HERE] for the P-card checkout process.