There are several ways to get involved with the Kangaroo Pantry
Volunteers can work in the Pantry, assist with donations, and serve the organizations who donate to the Pantry. We look forward to having you be a part of the effort to help solve hunger at the University of Missouri-Kansas City. Volunteers are a vital part of the success of the Kangaroo Pantry. Just a few hours of your time can make a difference!
GENERAL VOUNTEER DUTIES
- Checking individuals into the Kangaroo Pantry.
- Helping individuals fill out first time information sheets and SNAP/WIC applications.
- Filling request forms for pick up, and request forms for users that are checking out.
- Restocking the pantry.
- Loading/unloading vehicles.
- Cleaning the Kangaroo Pantry.
- Informing and guiding individuals on how Kangaroo Pantry works.
- Working special events (food drives, socials, etc.) that are geared towards raising money and food.
- Distributing flyers and promoting events that involve the Pantry.
- Placing and collecting bins for food drives.
TERM OF COMMITMENT
- Minimum of one shift per week (4 hours) for one semester/year.
- Attend orientation and training sessions
HOW CAN I VOLUNTEER?
- Sign up by using the button below
- E-mail email@example.com