- UMatters: “Professor Receives Seed Grant to Create Hydrophobicity Sensing Prototype” http://info.umkc.edu/umatters/professor-receives-seed-grant-to-create-hydrophobicity-sensing-prototype/
- 11/5/2013 Dr. Chen collaborates with the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), ImageCat Inc., Indiana Univ., UC Davis and USGS on the E-DECIDER project.
- 5/24/2013 Dr. Chen’s remote sensing research is featured in the 41 KSHB Action News Story – UMKC researcher studies how to find victims faster
- 1/30/2012 Professors Chen & Lee Awarded 2012 IBM Smarter Planet Faculty Innovation Award
- 4/4/2011 Dr. Chen works to prevent scour – #1 cause of bridge collapse
Other Highlights featured at UMKC News
- Dr. ZhiQiang Chen in National Earthquake Disaster Response Project
- Damage Mapping on the Go
- ZhiQiang Chen’s Remote Sensing Research Will Help First Responders
- Professors Chen & Lee Awarded 2012 IBM Smarter Planet Faculty Innovation Award
- Dr. Chen presents at two NSF sponsored conferences
Chen, Z. . “Seminar: Disaster Resilience through Big-data Centric Technologies and Multi-hazard Modeling”. Institute of Engineering Mechanics, Ha’erbin, China Earthquake Administration. http://www.cea.gov.cn/publish/dizhenj/984/100061/20140611104029676776213/; http://www.iem.net.cn/zhxw/20140611.htm; http://www.csi.ac.cn/publish/main/1/100260/20140611124600658795551/index.html; http://ancer.org.cn/zhxw/20140611.htm.
Chen, Z. . “Seminar: Big-data Enabled Disaster Response for Climatic Disaster Resilience”. School of Atmosphere Sciences, Nanjing University, Nanjing, China, http://as.nju.edu.cn/newDetial.aspx?MType=WZSY&MenuType=WZSY-KYDT&CId=20140605-09010896-c97a5145