Welcome to the Chemistry Department at UMKC
The Department of Chemistry at The University of Missouri-Kansas City offers programs leading to the B.S., B.A., M.S. and Interdisciplinary Ph.D. degrees. We are located in two buildings, Flarsheim Hall and Spencer Hall. Our faculty strive to provide the best learning outcomes possible for graduate and undergraduate students in the classroom and our teaching laboratories. Along with an emphasis in the classroom, our faculty members are dedicated to performing research in the traditional areas of chemistry such as inorganic, organic, analytical and physical chemistry. We have research strengths in interdisciplinary areas such as bioinorganic chemistry and biomaterials, nanoscience and material science and engineering.
If you are interested in learning more about our interdisciplinary research and chemistry program, please browse our pages. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us.
- The Department of Chemistry would like to congratulate all of those students who are graduating in the Spring of 2017! We wish you the best in your upcoming careers.Read More »
- The Department of Chemistry held its annual end of the year cook-out on May 5, 2017. The annual cook-out is put together by graduate students each year and is a …Read More »
- The department would like to congratulate Ashley Harder who received the UMKC Department of Chemistry American Chemical Society Inorganic Award. Ashley is a senior graduating in May 2017 and has worked …Read More »
- Zainab Albader will be presenting on May 2, 2017 in Graduate Student Seminar. Her talk is entitled “Recent Advances in Hetaryne Chemistry: Efforts Toward the Development of a Single Platform for …Read More »
- Reid Brenner will be presenting on April 25, 2017 in Graduate Student Seminar. His talk is entitled “Applications of Vibrational Spectroscopy to Current Problems in Molecular Structure“. Talks are begin …Read More »