Welcome to the Chemistry Department at UMKC
The Department of Chemistry at The University of Missouri-Kansas City offers programs leading to the B.S., B.A., M.S. and Interdisciplinary Ph.D. degrees. We are located in two buildings, Flarsheim Hall and Spencer Hall. Our faculty strive to provide the best learning outcomes possible for graduate and undergraduate students in the classroom and our teaching laboratories. Along with an emphasis in the classroom, our faculty members are dedicated to performing research in the traditional areas of chemistry such as inorganic, organic, analytical and physical chemistry. We have research strengths in interdisciplinary areas such as bioinorganic chemistry and biomaterials, nanoscience and material science and engineering.
If you are interested in learning more about our interdisciplinary research and chemistry program, please browse our pages. If you have any questions or would like more information, please contact us.
- Assistant Professor Amirfarhang Mehdizadeh will be presenting at the Department of Chemistry Seminar on March 23, 2017. He will be delivering a talk entitled “High Reynolds Number Turbulent Flows: Modeling and …Read More »
- On March 23, 2017, there will be a Graduate Write-In held in Spencer Hall Room 211. The write-in is a time to work on your writing skills. This includes writing …Read More »
- Graduate student John Oster will be presenting at the Department of Chemistry Research Seminar on March 21, 2017. He will be delivering a talk on “The Incredible Versatility in the …Read More »
- Seminar 3/14/2016: Advancing Biotechnology through Computational Investigations Presenter: Kyung-Shin Suh, Graduate Student, Department of Chemistry, UMKC AbstractRead More »
- Friday, February 24th, the Department of Chemistry will be having a Lunch and Learn Seminar featuring Prof. Dr. Alok Srivastava at 12 pm in Spencer Hall Room 213. Prof. Srivastava specializes in Physical and …Read More »