The University of Missouri-Kansas City recently appointed a search committee to fill the position of permanent Dean of the Henry W. Bloch School of Management. The new Dean will lead the school as it continues its momentum as one of UMKC’s fastest growing academic units and one of the country’s leaders in entrepreneurship and innovation education.
Teng Kee Tan, Ph.D., who joined the Bloch School as Dean in 2009, has taken a hiatus from his duties as dean to deal with a health issue. Bloch School Associate Dean David Donnelly, Ph.D., has been appointed acting dean during Tan’s absence.
The search committee will be chaired by Kevin Truman, Ph.D., UMKC Vice Provost and Dean of the School of Computing and Engineering. Robert Virgil, Dean Emeritus of the John M. Olin School of Business at Washington University in St. Louis, and Donald Jacobs, Dean Emeritus of the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University will serve as advisors to the 18-member committee. Virgil and Jacobs are both advisors to the Marion and Henry Bloch Family Foundation.
The remaining committee members are:
- Tom Bloch, Bloch Endowment Board, Council for Entrepreneurship and Innovation, President and Co-Founder of University Academy Charter School
- Gene Brown, Valentine Radford/Missouri Professor of Marketing
- Alex Chang, Finance student
- Dave Cornell, Associate Dean and Associate Professor, Department of Accountancy
- Doranne Hudson, Executive-in-Residence and Associate Teaching Professor
- Denise Kruse, President of the Bloch Advisory Council, CEO of Adams-Gabbert & Associates
- Sharon Lindenbaum, UMKC Vice Chancellor, Finance and Administration
- Nathan Mauck, Assistant Professor of Finance
- Brent Never, Assistant Professor of Nonprofit Leadership
- Sean O’Brien, UMKC Associate Professor of Law
- Mark Parry, Ewing M. Kauffman/Missouri Endowed Chair in Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Dave Renz, Beth K. Smith/Missouri Chair in Nonprofit Leadership, Director of the Midwest Center for Nonprofit Leadership and Chair of the Department of Public Affairs
- Chuck Robb, Bloch Accounting Executive Board, SVP and CFO of Saint Luke’s Health System
- Georgia Smedley, Chair of the Department of Accounting and Associate Professor of Accounting, Bloch Faculty Representative Accounting Executive Board
- Mel Tyler, UMKC Vice Chancellor, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management
- Sidne Ward, Associate Professor of Management Information Systems and Interim Chair of the Department of Management
- Nancy Wilkinson, Director of Student Services