Awarded annually to outstanding teachers in Bloch School and Schools of Dentistry, Law and Medicine:
- Bloch criteria: A Faculty Awards Committee (including two representatives of the SBPA Student Association) screens applicants on the basis of student evaluation ratings; development of teaching materials, concepts and examples, and techniques; peer reputation; and other evidence of dedication to teaching.
- Dentistry criteria: Alumni and faculty may nominate full- or part-time faculty, who are judged by the Dean’s Advisory Committee on the basis of the supervisor’s detailed evaluation of teaching performance, student evaluations, peer recommendations, and (optional to committee) candidate interviews.
- Law criteria: Dean reviews number and types of courses taught, innovation in methods, student evaluations, and reputation among peers with a representative on the Alumni Association Board.
- Medicine criteria: Clinical department chairs each submit a nominee to the Dean’s Coordinating Committee, based upon student evaluations of courses.
Nomination materials should include the following:
- Nomination Letter (should address each of the qualities listed in the applicable unit’s criteria above with documented examples to support nomination)
- Nominee’s Curriculum Vitae
- Nominee’s Personal Philosophy of Teaching Statement
- Letters of Support
- Other Supporting Materials
Nomination materials should appear in the nomination portfolio in the order listed above. Use Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro software (available through UMKC Remote Labs) to convert documents to PDF format (scan hard-copy letters or documents and save as Searchable PDF files). Merge all nomination documents in the order shown above by using the “Combine>Merge files …” feature of Adobe Acrobat 9.0 Pro software. Name files as outlined above (see bold text); when the files are merged into one document, the document automatically creates an “index” by file name.
Please submit nomination portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by: November 1