CHARGE OF COMMITTEE AND SCOPE OF WORK:
- Develop forward-looking recommendations for productive and efficient use of central and decentralized administrative and support operations to advance UMKC strategic priorities and achieve teaching, research and service mission objectives.
- Scope of committee’s work will include:
- Updating March, 2010 benchmarking study by the Support Costs Review Committee to take into account most recent available data and test preliminary conclusions regarding ability of UMKC to handle targeted growth in student enrollment without significant increase in costs of principal support services.
- Monitor and make suggestions regarding UMKC perspectives on System’s Shared Service Initiative to achieve cost savings and efficient use of University and campus resources.
- Identify desired characteristics of all key administrative and support functions in the context of needs consistent with UMKC strategic planning and offer suggestions regarding optimum interaction of central administration and support functions with administrative and support functions within academic units to serve those needs.
- Explore the creation of mechanisms for ongoing measurement of effectiveness of administrative and support functions to assure quality services and programming.
STRUCTURE OF COMMITTEE’S OPERATIONS:
- Administrative and support functions will both be studied, in an integrated fashion, by the one Administration & Support Services Committee (i.e., not through two separate subcommittees).
- Principal interactions with other groups to gather data and policy perspectives will be with:
- Deans and their units’ fiscal officers
- Support Costs Review Committee, working with Office of Institutional Research