Info(dot)—info.umkc.edu—is part of the University’s online community. Powered by WordPress Multi-user, this service offers a community Web publishing tool for the faculty, staff and departments.
WordPress can be used as a blog or as a publishing tool to create Web sites, news and events sites, and online newsletters and magazines. WordPress is a Web-based tool that uses a Web browser like Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer for editing; it does not require special software to be installed on your Mac or PC.
- Faculty and Staff members can request a WordPress site for their office or department via this page.
Here’s what you can do with WordPress
- Create unlimited pages and categories to display content.
- Take advantage of automatic archiving and search capabilities.
- Easily add audio and video to your site.
- Customize your site – A small library of themes is available: others will be added.
- Use widgets and plug-ins to create a calendar, link to bookmarks on del.icio.us, display photos from flickr, add a Twitter feed, embed YouTube videos and link to social networking sites.
- Web-based and works on a Mac or PC—no software to install.
WordPress Users Group
Subscribe to UMKC WordPress userGroup:
- Send email to: email@example.com and write in email: Subscribe UMKC-WORDPRESS-USERGROUP Your name
- A confirmation email with instructions will be sent to your email address, please follow instructions.