UMKC Gallery of Art Presents POP! Trading Post
Public Trading Events:
Thursday, September 20, 2012, 5 to 8 pm
Thursday, September 27, 2012, 5 to 8 pm
September 20-27, 2012
The UMKC Gallery of Art announces its collaboration with POP! A Series of Social Happenings.
POP! Trading Post will take place from Sept. 20– 27, featuring a week-long installation entitled Locality as Reliquary Installation Shrine.
The Public Trading Events are public happenings for staging trades and barters and will be held on Thursday, Sept. 20 and Sept. 27. Both events will take place from 5 – 8 p.m.
The public is invited to attend the Public Trading Events to trade their skills, services or goods; to window-shop; or to watch the trading and barter system in action.
Examples of Items ripe for the POP! Trading Post may include:
- EDIBLES: Baked goods, canned goods, artisanal foods & drinks (non-alcoholic)
- WEARABLES: Handmade clothing, bags, accessories; jewelry, beads; crystals/stones
- USABLES: Antiques/found objects, tools, linens; Handmade books, journals, paper
- MUSE-ABLES: Drawings, Prints, ceramics, pottery and other easily portable artworks
- GROOMABLES: Perfumes, lotions, soaps, essential oil blends, candles, etc.
Examples of Services/Skills fitting for the POP! Trading Post may include:
- HEALING, SPIRITUAL, PHYSICAL, PSYCHIC, CAREER/PROFESSIONAL: Shamanic healing; energy work; massage; acupuncture; hydrotherapy; psychic readings; personal training; hair styling; tailoring; carpentry; graphic design; web development; landscaping; etc.
POP! Trading Post’s BASIC RULES OF TRADING:
- LIST THOSE INGREDIENTS: Mandatory due to allergy risks.
- WE LUV RECIPES: Providing recipes optional, but encouraged.
- DON’T BYOB: Sorry, but NO home brew/alcohol at POP! Trading Post allowed.
- BRING YER YOUNGIN’S: Kids welcome & encouraged to help making/trading!
- CAST YER NETS: Biz cards, handbills, brochures are helpful, but not necessary.
- FREE SAMPLES: Food items, lotions, drinks, etc. are highly encouraged!
- WALK IT OUT YONDER: Commuting by bike or on foot is encouraged! Carpool!
- TRADE ONCE, TRADE AGAIN: Trades may be re-traded, with discretion.
SORRY: No returns or refunds for unsatisfactory trades. POP! organizers and the UMKC Gallery of Art are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Fall Gallery Hours:
Mondays 1-4pm, Tuesdays 11-4pm, Wednesdays 12-5pm, Thursdays 11-7pm, Fridays 9-3pm