UPDATE: If you MUST leave the U.S. with an expired visa and will be renewing in your home country, please be aware that you may experience heightened scrutiny/vetting, delay in renewal, and possible denial. Please schedule your request for renewal appointment as EARLY as possible. Please note that this information is subject to change at any time. Please travel with caution.
Updated information may be found at: https://www.kcvisa.com/
GENERAL ADVISING QUESTIONS? EMAIL ISAOADVISOR@UMKC.EDU
BE SURE TO TELL US YOUR FULL NAME AND UMKC STUDENT ID #
Or, email your ISAO international advisor:
If your surname name starts with A-G:
If your surname name starts with H-Z:
Transferring out of UMKC?
To request to be transferred out of UMKC, please ensure you have done the following:
- Cleared/Paid your UMKC account
- You cannot be enrolled in any UMKC courses
- You must submit a copy of the official admission letter from your new school
- A transfer form from your new school (if they have one)
- Please state what day you would like your SEVIS records released to your new school
Once you SEVIS records have been released and your transfer is complete, you will receive an email from your advisor.
Are You In Status?
- Federal regulations surrounding your student visa
- Staying In Status and Required Enrollment – PDF
- Am I In-Status? – PDF Checklist
Advising Appointment Times
To schedule an appointment with your international Adviser, please call 816-235-1113 or stop by ISAO to schedule your appointment. Advisors do NOT schedule appointments via email.
The Welcome Center staff will ask for information about the reason for the appointment to help the advisor prepare for the meeting.
Walk-In Advising Times
The Advisors have walk-ins every day. Walk-in questions must take less than 15 minutes to answer. Please note that walk-ins are handled on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Monday to Friday: 3 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Information & Forms
- Required TRANSFER IN Form
- Request to Extend I-20 or DS-2019
- Request to Add F-2 Dependent of F-1 Student
- Request to Add J-2 Dependent of J-1 Student
- Leaving the U.S.? Request a Travel Endorsement
- Concurrent Enrollment Form: Taking Classes At Another School?
- Lose/Damage your I-20 or DS-2019? Need copies of previous documents? REQUEST FORM
- Return from Leave of Absence Form
- UMKC Leave of Absence Form
- Leave of Absence Information
- Leaving UMKC? Fill Out an Exit Form
- Getting your I-94 (Will not work in FireFox)
- Checking your Case Status with USCIS
- Renewing Your Visa (UPDATED 3/8/2017)
- How to Get a Missouri Driver License
- More Information on Getting a MO Driver License
- Having Issues Getting a Driver’s License? See USCIS Info Sheet
- Information/Guide to Buying a Car
- Holds on Your Account & Important Information
- UMKC Guide to Living in Kansas City
- Who To Ask and other Frequently Asked Questions
- Immigration Contacts and Resources
- SCAM Handout
- Abuse and Assault Resources
- Change of Status: B2 to F-1
- Change of Status: B2 to F-2
- Change of Status: F-1 to J-2
- Change of Status: F-2 to F-1
- Change of Status: H1-B to F-1
- Change of Status: J-1 to F-1
- Change of Status: F-1 to F-2
- Change of Status: H4 to F-1
- I-539 Application for Change of Visa Status
- I-539 Instructions for Change of Visa Status