Info(dot)—info.umkc.edu—is part of the University’s online community. Powered by WordPress Multi-user, this service offers a community Web publishing tool for the faculty, staff and departments.
WordPress can be used as a blog or as a publishing tool to create Web sites, news and events sites, and online newsletters and magazines. WordPress is a Web-based tool that uses a Web browser like Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer for editing; it does not require special software to be installed on your Mac or PC.
- Faculty and Staff members can request a WordPress site for their office or department via this page.
Here’s what you can do with WordPress
- Create unlimited pages and categories to display content.
- Take advantage of automatic archiving and search capabilities.
- Easily add audio and video to your site.
- Customize your site – A small library of themes is available: others will be added.
- Use widgets and plug-ins to create a calendar, link to bookmarks on del.icio.us, display photos from flickr, add a Twitter feed, embed YouTube videos and link to social networking sites.
- Web-based and works on a Mac or PC—no software to install.
WordPress Users Group
Subscribe to UMKC WordPress userGroup:
- Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and write in email: Subscribe UMKC-WORDPRESS-USERGROUP Your name
- A confirmation email with instructions will be sent to your email address, please follow instructions.
Requesting a Site
Faculty and staff members can request WordPress sites for their offices and departments here.
If you want to comment or serve as a site editor or author, you will need to register for an account using the online user registration form.
If you already have an account but have forgotten your password, you can reset it via the WordPress Login Form.